Notable Past Lives

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

A funny regression.

Lulu
    Lulu
    Active Poster

A funny regression. Empty A funny regression.

Post  Lulu Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:28 pm

For the first time in years I tried a self regression as, just having a wisdom tooth out, I was feeling rather doped up on Vicodin and ready to relax. So I take myself back to 1783 or 1784. I find myself having breakfast in my apartment with my little dog, Schatzerl, by my feet. Seeing that it's a lovely spring day outside I have my maid bring a leash for the puppy and we go for a walk. As I walk down the street it is a bit darker as the street is narrow and the buildings are kind of high, but after a couple blocks we make it to St Stephan's square, almost blinding in the light, and begin weaving our way around the market stalls and the ubiquitous piles of horse crap steaming amongst the cobblestones. I stop to stare at some hats through a shop window when who should come around the corner but Herr Mozart! He's wearing a green coat and his hair is a bit askew under his brown tricorn, which he takes off in salutation. We continue to walk into the square, dodging the aforementioned horse shit almost like it was a game, all the while discussing the upcoming premiere of his clarinet quintet. He is quite excited about it!

Upon waking from this reverie I try to retrace the footsteps of my walk from the old apartment to St Stephan's as this could give me a clue as to where I once lived in that lifetime. If my estimate is correct, I lived approximately where the clock museum now is in Vienna.

I am certainly glad I live in an era where the streets are cleaner, though dodging hypodermic needles is probably less wholesome than horse excrement.
    Susanna
    Susanna
    Active Poster

A funny regression. Empty Re: A funny regression.

Post  Susanna Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:00 pm

The first time I self-regressed I described (to Steph who was sitting next to me), the backstage entrance to the Burgtheater, as well as the backstage and the dark, narrow little corridor that led to my dressing room. When I was finished, Steph exclaimed that what I had described was exactly how she had always seen it!
    Lulu
    Lulu
    Active Poster

Post  Lulu Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:21 pm

Most curious! I don't remember the Burgtheater at all, except perhaps for the gleaming of the crystal chandeliers which often provided a focal point for me when I sang. I do remember the Orangerie though.

When I first got the cd "Diva's of Mozart's Day" by Patrice Michaels I listened to Cavalieri's arias and tried to see if I could remember anything about performing them before I bothered to read the liner notes or anything. The Righini aria gave me the unmistakeable impression of singing on a stage in a strange glass room filled with palm trees and other exotic plants while wearing a Turkish costume. At this time I had no idea that such a room had even existed or why I would be singing in a room like that, but then I read the liner notes and they said that this aria was from a "Turkish" opera that had premiered in the Orangerie along with a description of the Orangerie which was exactly as I had just remembered it! Sometimes when I doubt if anything I "remember" is real at all, this one memory gives me pause.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 pm