Notable Past Lives

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Reincarnation Goes Mainstream?

rednellie
    rednellie
    The Quiet Type

Reincarnation Goes Mainstream? Empty Reincarnation Goes Mainstream?

Post  rednellie Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:28 am

(I wasn't sure which category to post this under, so hopefully I've got the right place!)

I was looking at a list of new shows for the new tv season and was pleasantly surprised to see a listing for a mid-season replacement show on FOX called Past Life. The premise is that a psychologist and a cop solve old murders through the resurfacing memories of the people that the murder victims reincarnated into. It is based on the book, The Reincarnationist, by M.J. Rose, who has a blog link on the main page here on Notable Past Lives. The promo clip looked pretty good, and I was impressed that accurate information was being presented about reincarnation. The preview featured a teenaged boy who was confused by his memories of being murdered in a past life as a girl. From what I've seen, most people don't even realize that you do normally have some past lives as the opposite sex.

It's really interesting to me to see reincarnation being presented in a medium that has such a strong influence. Ghost hunting and mediumship were viewed as the hobby of eccentrics before the recent spate of fiction and non-fiction tv shows on the subject. Now, they are pretty common interests. Maybe this will lead folks to be more open minded about reincarnation, too.

On a personal level, I can relate to the show. I was asked by one client to help her dig up more information on a past life in the 20th century where she remembers being murdered. I was able to give her some details about who killed her, when, where, and why. I have a strong sense that one of the 2 men who killed her is still alive. It would be incredible if the information I gave her led to his arrest for the crime.
    Susanna
    Susanna
    Active Poster

Reincarnation Goes Mainstream? Empty Re: Reincarnation Goes Mainstream?

Post  Susanna Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:55 am

It's interesting, Nellie, but being a civil war enthusiast, as are you, I know that during that period in history there was a huge resurgence of interest in what was termed "the occult"--ghosts, spiritualists, mediums, psychic abilities, and even reincarnation. Politically and culturally, our nation was literally split down the middle, there were huge religious and ideological differences, racism abound, violence was rampant in the cities, and religion was at war with science. Sound familiar? It seems we live in almost identical times.
    Cherubino
    Cherubino
    Admin

Post  Cherubino Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:02 am

I think that as we get deeper into the New Cycle we'll see these things handled with less derision and scoffing. Shows like this one can only help. It's kind of like opera: we're all taught to hate and laugh at it, although we're never taken to any performances to decide for ourselves. We're taught to regard metaphysics the same way. Maybe that will change! cheers
    Lulu
    Lulu
    Active Poster

Post  Lulu Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:04 am

Ah yes, I was recently reading about the phenomenon of "spirit photography" that sprang up during the civil war. Sadly, most photographers faked their spirits to keep up business, but I still find the whole idea behind it quite fascinating, perhaps because I'm a civil war soul myself. I read somewhere that whenever there's a great advance in technology there's a revived interest in unearthing the supernatural world, such as is happening now with electro-magnetic detectors and has happened before when photography was new.

I'm excited to see that there's a tv show coming out on reincarnation, hopefully I can get my tv to start working again. For more information on spirit photography of the late 19th century look up William Mumler. His most famous photograph is of an old Mary Todd Lincoln and her "other worldly" husband. sunny
    Susanna
    Susanna
    Active Poster

Post  Susanna Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:49 am

Welcome to the forum Lulu! If you feel comfortable, we'd love for you to post your story and let us get to know you a little better. Smile
    peter
    peter
    Active Poster

Post  peter Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:35 pm

I was just reading the other day that they've cut the production schedule from 13 shows to only 7.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:53 am